Wednesday, June 27, 2007

2007 Book List

I've decided to keep a list of the books that I read in a year. This will be more for myself than anything else. I will post what I've read so far this year and then update it when I need to. This post will always be linked under the "Currently Reading" section.
These are the books I read in 2007:
Rating Scale = 1-10; 10 is best score

The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue (7)

Left To Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza (9)

Machete Season by Jean Hatzfeld (6)

An Ordinary Man by Paul Rusesabagina (8)

Next by Michael Crichton (5)

The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates (7)

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (10)

At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon (8)

A Light in the Window by Jan Karon (9)

These High, Green Hills by Jan Karon (9)

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (9)

Out to Canaan by Jan Karon (8)

A New Song by Jan Karon (8)

A Common Life by Jan Karon (7)

In This Mountain by Jan Karon (8)

Abide With Me by Elizabeth Strout (6)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (10)

Shepherd's Abiding by Jan Karon (8)

Light From Heaven by Jan Karon (8)

Life of Pi by Yann Martel (10)

The Alchemist by Paul Coelho (8)

His Favorite Wife by Susan Ray Schmidt (8)

Shattered Dreams by Irene Spencer (8)

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright (6)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (9)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a very good idea! I have had thoughts of doing it in the past, but never took action. You've inspired me to start my own list on a word doc. Thanks!

Unknown said...

didn't you also read machete season?

Unknown said...

Yes, I did - thanks! This is the problem with not staring this list in January - things are bound to be left off, especially when they're not on my bookshelf!

Unknown said...

i'm having trouble with my list also- I know I am forgetting some things!

gayle said...

That is a really good idea! I will have to check my history at the library, because I know I have read quite a few this year, but didn't keep track. What a great idea!!

Abbe said...

I think this is a great idea, and I can come steal books when I am in a dry spell. I just might have to start my own list, you have inspired me.